Back to the Past





As a child, I appeared on television because my Grandfather was 'famous'. I have stacks of books featuring him. In October 2010, I attended a ceremony honoring him and ten other Minnesota Boxers.
This past November 19th, he will have died fifty five years ago. Before I was born, yet he was a strong presence during my entire life. Because of this, you will notice, not surprisingly, this 'Gibbons Family Archive' leans strongly towards the Tommy Gibbons side. I am more than willing to balance this out with help from any, and all, Mike Gibbons family members and any other Gibbons family members, as well.

 As for now, I will post up photos and stories in a random fashion. eventually, it may take a more structured form. Or, maybe not. I really just want to get these posts back up where people can get access to them.
I have so many files scattered within my computer. This is my attempt to, once again, make sure it is not history lost...
My Grandfather is pictured with Jack Dempsey, Abbott and Costello
and Dempsey and Gene Tunney.

1 comments:

MoBerries said...

To Tommy, Thanks a Million for all the nice work your doing for kids. Your Pal, Lou Costello

Post a Comment